grow with us
Work with us to create and deliver animal-friendly food to people around the world. Take part in leaving a better planet for future generations. Inspired? Let's chat.
We’d love to work with you.We’ll just need to find the right opening for your awesome skills. If you don’t see a job listing below that matches what you bring to the table, please drop your resume and cover letter to HR@tofurky.com and stay in touch.
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for supervising production technicians in their specific area of production. This position is responsible for leading their team to hit specified performance indicators and leading their team to improve on a daily basis. This position is responsible for assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, recommending improvements on the line, equipment and operating procedures.
The Tofurky Company is a dynamic and growing family-owned organization that produces high quality meat alternatives sold in grocery stores across the United States, Canada and Europe. We care about providing healthy products for a better environment and strive to offer a rewarding workplace for our important staff.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Production Supervisor. You’ll report to our Production Manager. We’d expect you to thrive in a dynamic environment, where hard work and having fun are encouraged.
What you’ll do:
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for supervising production technicians in their specific area of production. This position is responsible for leading their team to hit specified performance indicators and leading their team to improve on a daily basis. This position is responsible for assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, recommending improvements on the line, equipment and operating procedures. Additionally, this position has a key role of transforming company goals to actionable results on the production floor.
• Understands and follows all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring product specifications are achieved in a safe and efficient manner.
• Train and lead personnel for optimum line efficiency while maintaining established quality standards.
• Lead daily team meetings to ensure safety, quality and performance.
• Monitor employee work habits for adherence to company policies, and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
• Determine work schedules and assigns personnel in a fair and consistent manner. Approve timekeeping records and track absenteeism.
• Quickly responds to interruptions on the production line and works closely with Maintenance to mitigate any down time.
• Ensure all inventory levels and locations are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Ensure that all finished product specifications are met and date codes are accurate with an attention to lean manufacturing.
• Monitor weights, temps and critical control points in accordance to HACCP and SQF guidelines.
What skills and education you’ll need:
• Possess a high school diploma or GED
• 2-5 years’ experience in a production environment
• A base knowledge and comfort level with computers and inventory management software systems is preferred
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
• Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
• 100% employer paid comprehensive medical, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
• Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
• Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
• Company paid time off including holiday time.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to HR@tofurky.com. Please reference “Production Supervisor” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship disability status or otherwise qualified membership in any other class protected by applicable law.