Tarte Flambee with Smoky Maple Bacon Tempeh
Makes 10 servings
what you’ll need:
1 ½ cups vegan sour cream
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1 large onion, halved and very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon oil
2 (16-ounce) packages of refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough
1 package Tofurky® Maple Bacon Marinated Tempeh, cut into ½” pieces
how to make:
1. Preheat oven to 500˚F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
2. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, toss onion slices with oil. Set aside.
4. On a floured surface, roll out each pizza dough into a rectangle (about 10×14”), and transfer to baking sheets. Top each pizza with ¾ cup sour cream mixture, half of the tempeh, half of the onions, and additional fresh ground black pepper.
5. Bake until the crust is browned and crisp, about 13-14 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, and slice each pizza into 10 equal-sized squares.
More like this on Pinterest!