Smoky Ham and Cheese Biscuits
Makes 12 to 14 servings
what you’ll need:
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon sea salt
5 tablespoons cold vegan butter spread
1 cup vegan cheddar style shreds
1 ¼ cups non-dairy milk
1 package Tofurky® Smoked Ham Style Deli Slices, cut into ¼” dice
how to make:
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Lightly grease or line a large baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
3. Cut vegan butter into small pieces and toss into the flour mixture. Using your fingertips or a fork, combine the butter and dough until you have a coarse crumb mixture. Fold in cheese shreds and diced ham.
4. Add milk and mix to combine. Knead the mixture until it’s a cohesive dough, and place on a clean, lightly floured work surface. Lightly dust dough with flour and flatten into an even rectangle about ¾” thick.
5. Using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass turned upside down, cut out rounds, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
For more like this, check us out on Pinterest!